I know I haven't posted in the last couple days, but I've several good reasons for that.
First, I've been trying to be good, so be proud of me! As I've said, I'm trying to be more consistent with my running this year, and I've managed to drag my lazy butt out running the last two days after work. Did almost 4 1/2 miles on Monday, too! Granted, I was in a FOUL mood Monday after work, between work itself and a frustrating phone call from Zach about moving paperwork. Definitely had some energy to BURN, and flat-out NEEDED to run! After the runs the past 2 days, I've tried to be productive around the apartment - laundry, cleaning out paperwork, sorting through stuff pre-move, trying to find places to put away the wedding gifts that don't have a home yet - all sorts of good, productive stuff. :)
Second, we're dealing with a (stupid, stupid, stupid) computer-based project at work. Lots of database reviews for a big portfolio of sites. The database review is looking at state and federal databases for sites which might have environmental contamination - registered Brownfields sites, Superfund sites, underground storage tanks (USTs), etc. It's just one section (out of, like, eight) of the standard environmental assessment that we normally do. Don't know WHY they want these things done - it involves no site visit, so we don't even know if we're plotting these in the right point! All we have is Mapquest and Google Maps and the database search program to go by. If they can't tell me where the address is, I'm S.O.L. And there's just so much more on/around a site that can be an issue besides what turns up in the databases. And the databases are only as accurate as the information the state has to provide! I once had a site where the database was telling me that my property was a Leaking UST site, but the property was a restaurant (and had been for about 20 years!) Turns out someone in the state UST program had mis-entered an address - 1113 instead of 1133 or something like that. Things like that happen all the time! So why this company is ordering a WHOLE bunch (39!!) of database searches instead of getting a transaction screen or a full assessment, I have NO idea. There's no environmental liability protection involved with these reports (the whole point of getting an environmental site assessment in the first place), and there's really very little accuracy involved. All I know is that I'm stuck for the next week and a half writing these bad boys up. Which means I'm guaranteed to spend the entire 8 hrs I'm at the office staring at the computer screen - not even a chance of field time. :( Just totally mind-numbing!
All of that just means, by the time I get home from work, I'm being good and productive, and am so darn tired of staring at a computer screen that I haven't felt like posting :) Don't worry, though - today's Wed, and I'll remember to post a picture of my current WIP when I get home!
First, I've been trying to be good, so be proud of me! As I've said, I'm trying to be more consistent with my running this year, and I've managed to drag my lazy butt out running the last two days after work. Did almost 4 1/2 miles on Monday, too! Granted, I was in a FOUL mood Monday after work, between work itself and a frustrating phone call from Zach about moving paperwork. Definitely had some energy to BURN, and flat-out NEEDED to run! After the runs the past 2 days, I've tried to be productive around the apartment - laundry, cleaning out paperwork, sorting through stuff pre-move, trying to find places to put away the wedding gifts that don't have a home yet - all sorts of good, productive stuff. :)
Second, we're dealing with a (stupid, stupid, stupid) computer-based project at work. Lots of database reviews for a big portfolio of sites. The database review is looking at state and federal databases for sites which might have environmental contamination - registered Brownfields sites, Superfund sites, underground storage tanks (USTs), etc. It's just one section (out of, like, eight) of the standard environmental assessment that we normally do. Don't know WHY they want these things done - it involves no site visit, so we don't even know if we're plotting these in the right point! All we have is Mapquest and Google Maps and the database search program to go by. If they can't tell me where the address is, I'm S.O.L. And there's just so much more on/around a site that can be an issue besides what turns up in the databases. And the databases are only as accurate as the information the state has to provide! I once had a site where the database was telling me that my property was a Leaking UST site, but the property was a restaurant (and had been for about 20 years!) Turns out someone in the state UST program had mis-entered an address - 1113 instead of 1133 or something like that. Things like that happen all the time! So why this company is ordering a WHOLE bunch (39!!) of database searches instead of getting a transaction screen or a full assessment, I have NO idea. There's no environmental liability protection involved with these reports (the whole point of getting an environmental site assessment in the first place), and there's really very little accuracy involved. All I know is that I'm stuck for the next week and a half writing these bad boys up. Which means I'm guaranteed to spend the entire 8 hrs I'm at the office staring at the computer screen - not even a chance of field time. :( Just totally mind-numbing!
All of that just means, by the time I get home from work, I'm being good and productive, and am so darn tired of staring at a computer screen that I haven't felt like posting :) Don't worry, though - today's Wed, and I'll remember to post a picture of my current WIP when I get home!

No comments:
Post a Comment