Thursday, February 14, 2008

I've reached 75 posts already!

Doesn't hurt that I've got the ABC-along and knitting projects to discuss, and I like having someplace to chatter about work, knitting, life, etc. It really doesn't matter if people read it or not, I guess - I like doing this for me too :)

Anyway, to celebrate my 75th post here, I'm posting another recipe! This was given to our family by some friends at our church where we grew up. They're a chocolate chip cookie variation, but we call them pudding cookies or monster cookies. Pudding cookies, because you add pudding mix to the dough, in with the butter and sugar and all. Makes the cookies very moist and fluffy. We call them monster cookies because at the size the recipe calls for, they're HUGE! We usually cut down the size a little, but they're still far from bite-size. :)

I've provided instructions for both single and double batches. The double batch is really easy to make, though, and that's what we usually do. The cookies freeze very well, so it doesn't matter that you're making tons of cookies!

CHOCOLATE CHIP PUDDING COOKIES

For single batch:
  • 1 small package French vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 1 c butter
  • 1 c packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 c. flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 c pecan halves (optional)
  • 1 (10-12 oz) package chocolate chunks
For double batch:

  • 2 small packages French vanilla instant pudding mix
  • 1 lb butter
  • 2 c packed dark brown sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 1/4 c flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 c pecan halves (optional)
  • 2 (10-12 oz) packages chocolate chunks
  • ** When making a double batch, you can use a 1-lb box of brown sugar and 1-lb box of butter (4 sticks). Makes measuring easy!
Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add vanilla.
Blend in pudding mix.
Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
Mix flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture.
Mix well.
Add chunks and nuts (if desired).
For generous-sized cookies, use 1/4-cup measure to scoop dough.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, or until brown.

Enjoy!

Monster Cookies - oh so good!

No comments: