Thursday, February 28, 2008

Don't you feel safer now?

I'm all Wilderness First Aid certified again. :) Have been trying to be renewed for over a year now - if a class was offered when I could make it, the class didn't fill and was canceled, but if the class filled and could go, then I couldn't make it! Not this one! Actually made the special trip back to VB for the weekend to take the class. Yay! I'm all certified again! It's good for Scouting, and caving and hiking, and honestly, it's good for the type of jobs I do. When my job site is in the middle of nowhere, it's likely that help won't arrive for greater than 30 minutes, so I should be prepared.

Anyways, finally got all my pictures downloaded from my camera from the weekend. Some silly ones from the scenarios we ran too - good blackmail material ;) We would have done all our scenarios outside except it was POURING all morning, and steady rain through the afternoon. With some good thunder and lightning thrown in for good measure, we'd've probably ended up with REAL emergencies if we'd tried to carry on outside!

Here are some of the better pictures from the weekend. Quite amusing :)

Here's Jim with a 'head injury'. And a very pretty scarf! The way the 'first aid kits' worked out for the scenarios, Jim was the only one with the little flowered 'prairie girl' print! :)

Jim's kerchief

Here I am, suffering from hypothermia. (If you can't tell, I'm the one in the green burrito) I just love the look Jim is giving me. "So.... now what?"

hypothermia training

This was my favorite scenario. "I have a STICK in my EYE!!" On my cue-card, I was supposed to be crying and hysterical, so I took the opportunity and hammed it up. The second little scarf I have in my hands was one Jim was trying to tie 'round my mouth to stuff the screech away :) My 'rescuers' kept asking how things were, did I hurt anywhere else, all that sort of thing. I kept screech-sobbing back at them "I have a STICK in my EYE - What more do you people want from me??" Was actually getting the other 'victim' to start cracking up - and she was supposed to have a sucking chest wound! Success!

I'm BLIND!!

No comments: