Sunday, January 27, 2008

Two FO!

I really am trying to do the FO Friday, but my FOs haven't lined up with Fridays yet. Well, at least I'm trying, and having the Friday goal to have a FO to post is actually helping me work through a lot of the UFOs lying around my apartment hibernating. So, I guess it all works out in the end :)

The shrug I actually did have finished on Friday, but it was still blocking, so no pictures for a post then. But, Zach came into town for the weekend and the shrug finished drying, and here are pictures!

White Shrug Front

White Shrug Side & Back

This sweater came about because I needed a short-sleeve white cardigan since my old one was ‘well-worn’ (i.e. stretched shapeless through years of wear). I really like this pattern, and this was a perfect opportunity to use it. I began working with 2 strands Jiffy held together to give gauge, but decided that was too thick a fabric, so frogged and re-worked with 1 strand on smaller needles. This yarn is nice and wears pretty well without being too expensive, but it's very fuzzy and sticks to itself like glue - the frogging was a NIGHTMARE! The finished project, though, I love! It's a nice simple pattern without being boring, and I'd definitely make it again in another color.

I did make a few changes, using a smaller gauge, added garter stitch borders at hem and sleeve cuffs instead of ribbing, sleeve length closer to 3/4 than the original cap sleeves, decreased a little on the sleeves to keep them fitted. The next time I make it, I'll make a wider garter stitch borders along sides of front panels, as it tends to curl a little as-is (possibly because of the smaller yarn I used) so maybe 3-4 stitch wide border instead.

My other FO this week was the mid-January dishcloth KAL. I love the yarn this is in - so ridiculously bright! Like a tropical fish exploded! I've got similar yarn in a pink-orange-yellow colorway, which is equally bright. Dishclothes from that yarn will be coming eventually :)

dishcloth KAL Jan 2

No comments: