Wednesday, January 16, 2008

It's snowing!!

(runs around room excitedly, scaring bunny)


I know I won't be getting a snow day, and I'm still going into work tomorrow anyway (it's not supposed to be that much snow, and it would take an all-out blizzard for our office manager to say 'Stay Home'). But it's snowing!! And at night!! And it's just so pretty! I like watching the snow come down, it's just so soft and quiet. I like watching the rain, too, but snow just has that special quality when it's first coming down, before everything gets all slushy and muddy. And we just don't get that much where I grew up (the beach just doesn't get so much snow, being insulated by the ocean and the bay - stays juuuust warm enough so we get 35 degree rain instead). So snow is still very exciting for me! And isn't it just pretty!?

snow fall Jan 2008

This picture was taken looking out my window. The street lamp was back-lighting the tree which overhangs the balcony of my apartment, and the tree was all frozen over. With the snow falling in the background and showing up so nicely in the lamplight against the night.... I just had to brave the cold to go out on my balcony and take some pictures! :)


Guess this is probably going to be my last snow for a while. This winter's been so mild, I doubt we'll get much in February or March before we move. And Death Valley isn't really known for it's annual snowfall. Well, I'll just sit back here on the couch with my knitting and my cocoa and appreciate it while I have it!

No comments: