Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Blood! I must have Blood!

(please insert the Dracula voice there - makes more sense that way!)

So today was the blood drive here at work. It's actually been nice having them come right to work. Don't have an excuse for not donating! Unlike my sister and several good friends, I don't pass out from needles, so I don't feel I have an excuse for not donating. I just forget sometimes... This way, they're right in front of work, and since I've given each time they come by, the next time they come is the next time I'm due to donate! Works out very nicely. :)

I'm worried that they won't get a great turn-out today, because so many people from the office aren't in today. A lot of folk are out in the field, including 2 who I know donate regularly, more's the pity. Also including our branch manager! Yay! No snarky comments or bad moods looming over the office (I swear that man is like Eeyore, with the thunderclouds hovering over him).

Still, there are several here who have given blood this morning, myself included. I really like the Blood Connection here. They can actually stick my elbow well (I am notoriously hard to stick with a needle) and they wrap up my elbow nicely, so I've never had the nasty-big bruises like when I donated at school. And the free t-shirts afterwards actually come in sizes other than XXXXXXXL!! So I can get a good workout t-shirt that fits! Ooh! and the snacks afterwards aren't just dry cookies, but include Hostess snackies (HoHos and NutterButters and Zebra Cakes...!) It's the little things that make me happy :)

So save a life! Give blood!
At least if you don't pass out from needles - that doesn't do anyone any good. Just find another way to do something nice for someone else today instead!

No comments: