Sunday, January 6, 2008

Only 2 more months...

I'm missing the east coast already! I know I'll have a good time in CA come March, but I've also never lived out there, or even out of the Eastern time zone (visited out of there, obviously, but never lived longer than a couple months in any other time zone).

So, to help me cope with leaving behind the environment I know, I'm coming up with a to-do list for the last couple months of weekends I have here. Not really a 'bucket list,' but I suppose it's something along those lines. A pre-moving list. Also helps with the feeling of "I've lived in this area (Upstate SC) for 2 yrs now, and still feel like I haven't seen anything about the place."

This is what I've come up with so far:
  • Charleston - Patriot's Point, historic downtown (maybe a carriage ride or a ghost tour), SC Aquarium, walk along the oceanfront one more time - good for a weekend with Zach, maybe
  • Asheville - Biltmore house - good day trip
  • Atlanta - Georgia Aquarium (yeah, I like aquaria - I'd work in one if I could find a job there - why am I moving to the desert again??), maybe shopping at the Underground? Or a meal at the Varsity (where my parents dated!)?
  • hiking in the mountains - Caesar's Head or Table Rock - maybe both if we get the chance?
  • two major road races in the Greenville area will come around before we move, too, so I'd like to run those again (ran them last year too)
  • maybe Myrtle Beach? not really as high on the list, but if work takes me back down there again, I'll try and squeeze in some tourism too

I'm sure there will be more added to the list, but these are the big ones I've got on my list now.

No comments: