Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A reason to celebrate!

In case you didn't know, Agatha Christie's birthday is September 15. So, great literary minds have determined the week of September 13-20 to be officially designated "Agatha Christie week" in honor of the birthday of the Queen of Crime.

My aunt, another murder mystery buff, told me about this glorious reason for celebration. She and a friend decided that ways to celebrate could include Belgian chocolate, a good cup of tea, knitting, and devising ways to get away with murder. Am totally up for any celebration that includes 3 of my favorite things! (In case you were confused, I was referring to the chocolate, tea and knitting, not the murder!)

I think what prompted that discussion was this link my aunt found - The Guardian (British newspaper) is celebrating the week with blogs, podcasts and top 10s throughout the week. They kick it off with a pretty good quiz on Christie knowledge.

Yes, I did get 11 of 11, if you were wondering. I don't know if I'd have any excuse to get less, considering the number of Christie books on my shelf :)

No comments: