Yarn!
Couldn't go through the whole year without this knitting-related one! This is a pile of yarn that I took a picture of just because - no reason really. I was sorting my stash, trying to organize it :)
I've been knitting since I was about 10, when my grandmother taught me. I didn't pick it up seriously until I hit college about 8 years later :) Definitely stuck that time! I'm getting better all the time (isn't that always the goal?) and I love trying new things, but I also like instant gratification projects. Little bit of everything. I don't like color work so much, mostly because I'm very lazy about knitting in ends - so annoying. I like lace work and cables though - nice textured patterns :)
I'm not a yarn snob, mostly because I can't afford it. That's a side effect when you start knitting in college - you start knitting with a college budget! I don't mind the acrylics now, though I usually try to go for nicer acrylics (like Jiffy or Simply Soft, instead of basic Red Heart) or the inexpensive acrylic blends (Wool-Ease, etc). If I can afford nicer yarns, I try to splurge once in a while, since those yarns are just soooo nice! Sale shopping is key! I've been trying to work through my stash this year, though. My downfall in stash-building, is that I do buy yarn with specific projects in mind, not so much the straight-out impulse buys. The problem with that is that I knit slower than my stash builds up! As a result, I have a queue of projects waiting to be tackled! So, gonna keep trying to go through them (and probably keep that resolution going next year too, now that we're getting close to that time of year!). But, still gotta admit, I loves me yarn!

No comments:
Post a Comment