(I know it's hard to see in the picture, but the road says Tank Xing)
I live on an Army post, home to a Cavalry unit. Nowadays, obviously, cavalry isn't horses, but tanks and the like. So, to accommodate the tanks rolling around out there in them thar' hills, there are tank crossing signs along the main road leading into post. Rather a funny thing to get used to when I got here back in March (I'm a little more used to signs for deer and schoolchildren). The kicker, though, is that they use a lot of different pictures of tanks on all these signs!! The ones below are just a sampling. Makes me smile :)
I live on an Army post, home to a Cavalry unit. Nowadays, obviously, cavalry isn't horses, but tanks and the like. So, to accommodate the tanks rolling around out there in them thar' hills, there are tank crossing signs along the main road leading into post. Rather a funny thing to get used to when I got here back in March (I'm a little more used to signs for deer and schoolchildren). The kicker, though, is that they use a lot of different pictures of tanks on all these signs!! The ones below are just a sampling. Makes me smile :)
(Sorry this post took so long. I've known what I wanted to post for X since we moved here, but hadn't had a chance to take the pictures I wanted until recently! Kinda held up my alphabet...)

No comments:
Post a Comment