Monday, December 15, 2008

Craziness!!!

IT SNOWED TODAY! And not the wimpy flurries that don't stick - we actually had several inches accumulate!

DSC05554

In case you've missed it the past 9 months, I live in the desert, an area not particularly know for snowfall :) It was a real kick to see palmettos and palm trees covered in snow!

DSC05553

A friend and I were so excited - a season!! Here in the desert, a season! (One of my biggest frustrations here is that it always looks the same: brown) It was very exciting to see the snow covered trees and the big fat flakes coming down. Our road has lots of families on it, and by the time I got home, there were two little snowmen decorating our street - so cute!

snowman 1 snowman 2

Living here on post, I could enjoy the snow. The weather created some problems for those living down in Town, though, because they didn't know if the 30-some mile road to post would be cleared by the time everyone went home at the end of the work day (it was; everyone made it home). In my own way, though, I did have to be careful and plan ahead for tomorrow. I had to sweep walkways clear (we don't have a shovel), so that it's not a complete icy mess at my facility in the morning. When I took this job, the last thing I expected my job duties would include was sweeping snow off the deck and sidewalks - I actually had a regular patron at our facility stop and take a picture of me, she was so tickled seeing me out there! :) (The one below I took myself, though!)

sweeping the deck

No comments: