Thursday, March 20, 2008

Settling in

Just a quick note this morning. We moved into our apartment yesterday. We got one in the middle-aged neighborhoods on post. Not the new ones, only a year or two or three old, but not one of the old crummy ones. It's not horrible, just a few more nicks and dings and scratches on the walls than a newer place, but there's SO MUCH STORAGE!! It's awesome! We have a one car garage, a second bedroom, and more closets than my old place did. It's so much bigger! Makes me very excited, because I think now I can have all my stuff sorted so that I can have my hobbies (particularly my books and my yarn) in their right places, without Zach feeling claustrophobic or cluttered. Yay! The extra space will be great for Joey too, because I won't have so much stuff out, which means he can run a bit freer in the apartment, and so much space for him to hop around, too! He's already been exploring a little, and seems to be settling in. Just having the world stop moving is a nice change (compared to last week, spent almost solidly in the car).

Meanwhile, I'm applying for jobs here on post. Slim pickins, but that's what you get when you're living in the middle of nowhere. On the upside, several MWR facilities are hiring, and apparently desperate for morning people. When your staff is either high schoolers or people with kids, having someone available at 4 or 5 in the morning is nice. They've been really excited about me possibly coming on.

Also on the to-do list, besides applying for jobs, is unpacking, particularly to find my camera cord. Once I find that, I can post pictures of the trip, the fort, and our new place. I know it's somewhere around here, but if only I could find the box it's in....

No comments: