These are both kinda Pinterest-inspired, but really, I'm just going by a general idea I've seen there. I like the lariat necklaces - easy to wear and adjust, and easy to fiddle with, as I am known to do with jewelry :) And, as I've learned, easy to make too! For both of these, you just need a length of chain, head pins, and accent beads and charms for the chain ends. The accent charms for this style necklace need to have an opening in them - a ring or knot sort of pattern, that you are passing the other end of the chain through.
First up, one using black metal chain and charms, with colored beads as accents. Be sure that the chain loop can pass over your head, as the charms don't fit through one another. That is, it's an over-the-head sort of necklace, not one that you open and close, so be sure it fits over the head!
The second chain here can be shorter, as the beads can pass through the opening in the silver knot. I didn't intend for this originally, but Hobby Lobby only had one of the silver knots, so this is what resulted. Can't complain though - I still really like the finished project!

No comments:
Post a Comment