Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's resolution time!

Yup, new year, new set of goals.  I know I never end up keeping these all year long, but I feel a little better publishing them online here.  Accountability, y'know.  Even if no one talks to me specifically about them, I feel like I've done more than simply make some plans in my head.  I have published them, put them out there, let the world know, and so will (hopefully) have now a little more incentive to follow through.  We'll see how it goes :)

  • We've had another move this past year, so another group of friends in not-where-we-are.  I have now lived in 4 different towns in the last 6 years, with very dear friends in each of them (and plenty who've also moved elsewhere too).  I want to stay in touch more.  Not just online, though that does help, but talking to people.  Skype, phone calls, whatever.  I just want to stay in touch better!
  • I'd like to be more consistent in my workout routine.  That's really a given, I guess.  I got very derailed after we got extended in the desert last year.  An extra 6 months at that tiny, isolated, desolate little post really killed my motivation, and then moving at the end of it... it took most of 2011 to get a routine going again!  Completely killed all the progress I'd made in my weight loss efforts.  Very disappointing.  So, I'd really like to be more consistent about my workouts.  There are several classes I'm trying to get into the habit of attending at the gyms on post, and there a number of local races that look like fun, and a number of bigger ones in Austin, San Antonio, D-FW area, and Houston, too.  It's one of those cases of "I know what I need to do; now I just need to stick with it."  And with being a bridesmaid in October, maybe that'll be the extra bit of motivation I need to get myself back in shape :)
  • I will admit that I'm a Pinterest addict.  So, as a resolution for both blogging and computer-time, I'd like to actually do more of my Pinterest pins.  Read the books, make the projects, try the recipes...  And of course, once I've tried a pin, I will post here and give feedback, or directions on how I did it instead, or whatever.   You know, like I've been doing with my Pinterest-inspired posts so far, but on a more regular basis.  Mondays are movie posts, so maybe every Thursday perhaps?  I'd like to aim for a Pinterest-inspired post each week.  I know that sounds like a lot, but I think it'll be pretty doable.  A good number of my pins are recipes, so there will be a bunch of food posts.  Motivation to try new recipes!  Just trying to get myself off the computer a bit more and back into the real world... and then back onto the computer to blog about it :) 
  • And also on the crafty side of things, STRICT YARN DIET!!  'Nuff said.

No comments: