In 2008, I participated in the monthly dishcloth KAL. I ended up with a lot of dishcloths. :) I also found that I liked making them! This particular one was the last one of the year, and I actually made two of them, since I liked the pattern so much. The picture is simply because I like back-lit lace, where you can see the pattern.
Why I liked them? The dishcloths are good portable projects, you can use them to practice stitch patterns, and can be pretty instant gratification (even the bigger dishcloths, like I like). I haven't actively participated in the KAL last year or this, because the 20-something dishcloths I made in 2008 are still holding out for us. I do occasionally make one though, if there's a particularly pretty pattern or something I like. When this batch of dishcloths wears out, I'll do the KAL challenge again and make a whole new batch for our kitchen.
So, yes, D is for Dishcloths. Not exciting, very practical, like the dishcloth itself :p
Why I liked them? The dishcloths are good portable projects, you can use them to practice stitch patterns, and can be pretty instant gratification (even the bigger dishcloths, like I like). I haven't actively participated in the KAL last year or this, because the 20-something dishcloths I made in 2008 are still holding out for us. I do occasionally make one though, if there's a particularly pretty pattern or something I like. When this batch of dishcloths wears out, I'll do the KAL challenge again and make a whole new batch for our kitchen.
So, yes, D is for Dishcloths. Not exciting, very practical, like the dishcloth itself :p

5 comments:
Why should everything be exciting? I love knitting discloths, too, and find it very relaxing! But taking part in the KAL is a bit much for me as well.
Love your dishcloth.
Until I actually knit up a dishcloth I didn't get the enjoyment now it's one of my favorite things to knit.
How pretty! I love knitting dishcloths. They're like popcorn. :)
I love knitting dishcloths, too. Fun, colorful, fast and satisfying, and perfect for a 'D' post!
What a pretty dishcloth!
Post a Comment