Sunday, March 12, 2017

While I was playing with my beads...

So, was playing with my beading stuff anyway (the bookmarks), and decided to knock out a few stitch markers as well.  They are such a simple project to do, after all.  This is just a quick post highlighting a few that I made.
 
One of the most common souvenirs here in Hawaii (besides food stuffs) seems to be plumeria jewelry and hair pieces.  Lots of stores selling little silk or foam or clay flowers on necklaces, bracelets, paired clips, hair ties... you name it.  Some hibiscus pieces too, but mostly plumeria.  I took a bracelet and a set of earrings that I found on sale, and repurposed them into stitch markers.  With some headpins and silver beads from the stash, ta-da!  New stitch markers, Hawaii-themed!  The smaller flowers are from the bracelet, and the larger one is from one of the earrings. I haven't decided what I'll do with the flower from the other earring yet - a pendant for a casual necklace maybe?
 
Crafts
 
And while I was making Hawaii-inspired stitch markers, I pulled out some flower beads I had, and made a set with rainbow-colored accents.  A bit more muted than the other set, but still all flowers and rainbows (yes, that stereotype of the islands is very accurate). 
 
Stitch marker

No comments: