Thursday, February 9, 2012

While I'm posting on necklaces...

Here are 3 of my own that I have put together recently.

This one is a collar-bone length necklace (17inches-ish) - I haven't measured exactly, but that's where it reaches on me.  The swirly tan and red beads were clearance finds from Goody Beads and the red beads just from Michael's (I think... or Hobby Lobby or Joann's - a big-box local craft store, at any rate).  I wanted just a simple piece here, so strung them on, and added a basic toggle clasp.  It looks really cute with a neutral outfit and my bright red flats - I love the little flashes of color!

red and tan necklace red and tan necklace

This one started with a pendant I found at Wal-Mart, of all places.  I would have loved to have some green beads up in the necklace along with the pearl beads, but it's such an unusual shade of green in the lighthouse, it was hard to find any beads to match.  So, I just stuck with the basic brass and pearl.  I really like this pendant, as the lighthouse reminds me a little of the old lighthouse from where I grew up, though that one is brick, not white.  Similar shape though - enough to remind me a little of home!

Had to hunt a little for the brass bead caps.  Apparently, that particular size and metal is more unusual, one of those supplies that you just have to order online most of the time.  Lucked into some at Hobby Lobby, though, so saved me some S&H.  Everything else in the necklace came from my stash - the brass accent beads, the chain, and the two sizes of pearl beads.  I didn't worry about a clasp on this one, as it's a long necklace and fits over my head easily without one.
lighthouse necklace
lighthouse pendant  lighthouse necklace pearls

The last one in this post is another long one.  This one is inspired by one Anne put together when she visited last summer.  I liked it so much, that I made a similar one for myself!  The teal beads were ones left over from Anne's project, while the black beads were two sizes from the stash, as was the chain.  The pretty pendant was from Hobby Lobby.  I didn't worry about a clasp on this piece either, since it's another one long enough to just go over my head.  Nothing too unique about this one, just a basic necklace, but I do love those colors!
teal & black necklace  teal & black necklace

No comments: