Thursday, July 21, 2011

One last beading post

At least for a while. I have a few more to photograph, but I still have to get my house all unpacked and set up, and the unpacking does take priority. Kitchen before crafts!  But as I do have a few projects ready to share, here you go.

A total spur-of-the-moment project, based on several elements I found on clearance at Joann's.  If I remember correctly, the only think that wasn't on sale was the chain itself, and I think the whole thing was less than $5!  Gotta love a sale!  The necklace was inspired by some quirky black-and-silver beads and a fun black-red-and-silver pendant.  Add a quirky chain to make a long drop necklace, and voila!

isn't this a cute chain? pieces ready to go black & chains

I know I said recently that I don't like the red-and-pink heart sappiness that comes with Valentine's Day?  Well, I caved to a particularly cute clasp and ended up inspired by this project from Oriental Trading Company.  In fact, I actually followed the directions, I liked it so much!  There are 3 sets of clasps in the package that you can order from OTC, and each half of the clasp has a half of a paired phrase (Hugs-Kisses; Love-Peace; and Love-Hope-Dream).  I'm trying to think of good colors for the other phrases in the package, because they're just too much fun to pass up!

hugs & kisses necklace  Hugs & Kisses clasp

While we're thinking OTC, this was a kit I picked up on sale from the site.  Nothing much to add to that, other than I like how the picture on the right came out, with the angle and lighting and all :)

OTC kit  OTC pendant

One final project for this post (like I said, I do have a few more to talk about, but they still need to be photographed, so must wait for now) is one that started as a free bead included in a package from Goody Beads.  No, not all of their free included beads end up inspiring me to purchase more beads to make a full project, but this one did, so I guess the marketing plot worked.  But, being in the desert, I missed snow (and weather in general, for that matter) so the little snowflake bead was particularly appealing.  I added some of the little white 'snowball' beads, some contrasting blue-and-snowflake beads, some silver spacers, and some solid blues and just made it up as I went along.  I like all the blues and whites in this necklace, but my favorite part is the little snowflake charm at the clasp.  Just fun!

snowflake necklace  winter clasp

And this picture's included just because I like how the light was catching the beads, how they all seem to glow  :)

snowflake necklace

No comments: