Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Interesting!

(And be sure to read that as eeeeeeeeen-ter-est-ing.)

How 'bout this for a blog-along?  The Jane Austen Challenge!


Jane Austen Challenge

Apparently, this is the second year that this blog has 'sponsored' the Jane Austen Challenge, which is  basically a JA-themed read-along.  But it's not just JA books, either, but also spoofs, sequels, etc.  The full rules, as taken from the original blog post are:

Rules:
  • Challenge runs January 1st 2011—December 31 2011.
  • Overlap with other challenges is fine.
  • Any format counts: bound book, e-book (check online for free downloads of J.A’s copyright-free books), audio book, or any other thing you can think of. Just no abridged stuff!
  • You can change which level you read!
  • You don't have to be a blogger or reviewer, just leave a comment letting me know you're joining.

Levels:
  • Newbie, 4 books total:  2 books by J. Austen, and 2 re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors)
  • Lover, 8 books total: 4 books by J. Austen, 4 re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors)
  • Fanatic, 12+ books total: 6+ books by J. Austen, 6+ re-writes, prequels, sequels, or spoofs (by other authors) 
I'm trying to be better about disciplining my reading now, to prepare for starting school again in the fall (if all goes according to plan, I'll have classwork again starting in August!).  So, I've got 3 books in the works and immediate queue, hopefully all to be blogged soon!  Maybe I'll start this after I finish those 3...  I know I can fly through some JA, and Bridget Jones and Mr. Darcy's Diary are both quick reads, and this could give me a chance to read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, if I can get my hands on copies of those.

So, this is looking good!  Hopefully by April, I'll be starting on some Austen or some Austen-based books!  I won't set my goal beforehand, other than at least Newbie, but we'll see how many I can get my hands on and get through this year :)

No comments: