And another set from sale-bin Halloween earrings :) Ghosts this time!
And another bookmark for a gift swap. I swear, I'm probably using more O and K beads than the makers of that package reckoned on :)
I'm also starting to branch out from just stitch markers. Dabbling with row counters (more on that in another post) and playing with jewelry some more. I've posted pictures of a bracelets I've done, and a necklace, and here are two more. I'm really very pleased with each of these, as they are both pretty close to what I was picturing in my head as I planned them!
I'm also starting to branch out from just stitch markers. Dabbling with row counters (more on that in another post) and playing with jewelry some more. I've posted pictures of a bracelets I've done, and a necklace, and here are two more. I'm really very pleased with each of these, as they are both pretty close to what I was picturing in my head as I planned them!
The packaging said these were peridot-colored, but I disagree; they are a much prettier color (am not a fan of my birthstone!). I consider these as a nice, light, spring-time-y green, rather than the dull yellow-green that peridot usually is. The necklace itself is done on wire with crimp beads. I'm starting to get the hang of those! It takes a little practice, but I guess that's true of most things with beading, or any craft really! I didn't want these to be in a pattern, so the shorter strand is just randomly pulled from the smaller sized beads, and the longer strand is alternating the smaller and longer beads, again in random order.
I found some beads a while ago shaped as nice little Christmas lights, and was only waiting to find the right project to use them with. This project is actually inspired by the sample project on the Oriental Trading website page for the beads. I thought the lights should go all the way around though, not just as the little handful at the base. This is beaded on pins connected to a small chain. You can kinda see how it comes together in the picture on the top, as I was laying them out, to get the color pattern as I wanted. Unlike with the peridot necklace, these are in a pattern, not just randomly pulled from the bag of beads. And ta-da - now I have my own Christmas light necklace! Unlike Mom's, these don't actually light up, but I am still pleased with it. ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment