Sunday, November 14, 2010

V is for...

Vendetta!  I think that joke every year, but it's the first time it made it to post.

No, really, though... V is for Vests  :)

cloud cardigan - front

Living where we do, it's a very short season where you can really wear full sweaters.  Granted, it's windy enough that you appreciate the full warmth, but it's a relatively little section of the year that you're not overheating in any sort of knitted garment.  However, a little warmth is appreciated. So, since moving out here, I have developed a definite love of shrugs, small shawls (the type you can use as a scarf too), and vests.  Just a little warmth outside, but not so much that you overheat.  

And, as an added bonus, these are all small(er) projects and you can find a lot of instant gratification projects within these categories.  You can find more involved projects too, obviously, but if you don't have sleeves to worry about, it does cut some time off a project :)

abrazo!  abrazo, front view

The vests I've pictured here are all Raveled, of course. The one up top is the Cloud Bolero by Ysolda Teague, from  Yarn Forward Magazine's free web patterns (my project Raveled here).   I lengthened it, so instead of a cropped little cardi, it's more vest-ish. The middle vest is Abrazo by Laura Nelkin, Knitty Fall 2008 (my project Raveled here). The bottom one is Cable Front Tank by Charlotte Quiggle, Knit It! Magazine, 2003 (my project Raveled here).
Fall cabled tank

No comments: