Well, this could be M is for Motivation, too :)
At the expo in Phoenix, one of the booths was a jewelry booth. Standard running charms and such, but she also had a series of charms for different major races - a piano for Big Sur, the Golden Gate Bridge for San Francisco, a saguaro for the Phoenix race, several state outlines, that sort of thing. As I'm gearing myself up for the R&R in San Diego in May, I'm trying to find little ways to keep my motivation up, to not blow off training runs, that sort of thing :) I took this lady's idea and made it an Italian Charm bracelet instead - less clattery and not so heavy on my wrist y'know? I've got a charm for each of the half marathons and full marathons that I've run (just the race, not each time I've run it - only one Shamrock, for example, even though I've run that half twice). Right now I don't have many charms on it - a Shamrock (VB Shamrock 1/2 Marathon), a bear (Dismal Swamp Stomp 1/2 Marathon) and a saguaro with "Arizona" (AZ R&R 1/2 Marathon). I also have a little pair of crossed guitars with "Rock & Roll" on it - a reminder of the race I'm gearing up for! I'm looking for something for the VB R&R - flip flops, a beach ball, something beachy. And I've already got one picked out for the half in March over at Lake Meade & the Hoover Dam.
Any jewelry I wear I fiddle with - wedding ring, watch, necklaces, etc - that's part of why I wear so little jewelry! So, wearing the bracelet all the time, I'll sit and fiddle with it during the day, so it'll keep it at the forefront that I have to do a training run that day! See? B for Bracelet, M for Motivation :)
Any jewelry I wear I fiddle with - wedding ring, watch, necklaces, etc - that's part of why I wear so little jewelry! So, wearing the bracelet all the time, I'll sit and fiddle with it during the day, so it'll keep it at the forefront that I have to do a training run that day! See? B for Bracelet, M for Motivation :)

No comments:
Post a Comment