Saturday, September 13, 2008

Blaaarrgh...

Yup, trying to start running again.... Rough start.

Actually did about 3 miles today, doing a run-walk pattern. Not really my fastest, by any means, but I did the whole 3 miles, and lived to tell the tale. :)

The weather is just so frickin' hot here in the summer that any outside activities pretty came to a screeching halt. And with work as crazy as it was this summer, I was a leeeeeeetle on the stressed side, so that pretty much stopped most activity. I know, I know - when you get stressed, it's GOOD to be active. Work off all that negative energy and tension, produce endorphins, sleep sounder, all that good stuff. Still, when you're running around as crazy as I was this summer, it's hard to find the energy in the first place. :\

So, now that things are starting to cool down around here (tomorrow's the first day in MONTHS where the predicted high for the day is under 100!), I'm trying to re-enter my workout routine. It was actually really nice running this morning - still only in the 70s at about 7am when I went out. Still too early for the heat to really have picked up yet. I'm just sooooo out of shape. Maybe tomorrow will be better :)

No comments: