Thursday, July 10, 2008

WIP Wednesday, a little belated

Zach had normal hours yesterday at work, so I didn't get a chance to hop on the computer. So, the Wednesday knitting update is coming on Thursday instead :)

Biggest news? The baby blanket, of course! As Zach said upon looking at the work in progress, "Such tiny stitches - That's gonna be a lot of work!"

baby blanket

But, that's also why I'm starting in July for a baby due in October! I'm making progress, too. Granted, like any baby blanket, the beginning will just fly along, and then you hit the slog-fest of the biggest portions of the blanket, or just the feeling that the same width blanket never seems to get any longer. The last baby blanket I did was like that. It was that standard baby blanket pattern, started at one corner then increased at each end until you reach the diagonal of the blanket, then decreased at each row until you end at the opposite corner of where you started. It's a great pattern, very simple to remember. The beginning and the end go very quickly, since you're at the narrower corners, but man! The middle of that blanket, working across the widest part, seemed like it would never end! Of course, I did have to remind myself regularly, that I had over a 4 ft length of stitches on my needles, since the blanket itself was 3 ft along each side. So of course those rows would take a while!

baby blanket

Anyway, this blanket is moving along well too. I'm at about 9 inches across (diameter) right now. It'll be about 3 feet across when it's done, I think. That seems to be a standard size for baby blankets. So, yes, a long way to go, but I'm starting early to give myself plenty of time! :)

1 comment:

YowlYY said...

The good thing about these projects is that they can be picked up and put down any time, so whenever you have some time you can do a round, or just part of it ;-) Still 2 1/2 months to go, can't wait to see it when it's finished...and did I say the colour choice is fabulous?? :)