Tuesday, June 10, 2008

An ode to the binky

And what is a binky, you may ask? Well, if you do ask, then you obviously aren't a bunny owner, or at least friends with one.

A binky, simply put, is Bunny Joy. A little circuit in their fluffy little brains goes haywire, and they leap for joy, every end of their body going in six different directions. Before I realized there was a name for it, I called it the Bunny Bleaht!! because it looks like their brain just goes "Bleaht!!" and short circuits. :) Below is a youtube video a friend from Flickr made of one of their bunnies binkying 'bout the house. Billy Bunny is a Netherland Dwarf, a breed known for big personalities and high-energy antics.

">

If you have some time, check out spekkioxlv's other youtube videos of Billy, and his roommate Ronny Bunny. Hysterical!! They've put together some really funny videos - and the music just tops it off!! Some more of my favorites are Cute but not Cuddly, The Chewinator, and I Feel Pretty. Definitely worth some time spent on youtube :)

I love watching Joey binky. It will come on all of a sudden, just a leap 3 feet sideways, or straight up, or backwards. Often, there's a twist or foot flick involved, twisting him round as he leaps. I've seen friends on Flickr with pictures of binkies, and I'm just amazed. Such lucky shots! I never have my camera handy when Joey binkies. :( Still, it's fun to watch his Bunny Joy bubble over like that. So absurd!! And so cute!!!

So, yes, the Binky - a sign of a very happy bunny.

1 comment:

Kim in Oregon said...

We called it the 'happy dance' when our little lop eared, Louise, was still with us. This video is so precious, and makes me miss my little girl bun.