Friday, May 9, 2008

Finally, Thursday!

Granted, I have two more days before the 'weekend,' but still - almost there!!

I say 2 more days because I'll have to work pretty much a full day on Saturday. A full day beginning at about 5:45 in the morning, at least, so I should still have Saturday after for myself (sleep!!). I work for MWR here on post (Morale, Welfare & Recreation) and we're hosting a Triathlon on Saturday. My department's the one running it, so that pretty much means I'm the one in charge on Saturday. Really, since I only started there a month ago, it means I'm the one running around like a crazy person all Saturday morning! Though I'll probably still be stressing next year too, but that's just me.... :)

Still, things are kinda moving along. The medals are in, and I pick up the T-shirts tomorrow. We're collecting the equipment we need today and tomorrow, so it'll be all ready to set up Saturday morning. I'm just praying to high heaven there isn't something I'm forgetting because I just didn't know about it!!

And more good news, our office got a new modem today! Our old one would freeze up, or overheat, basically crash the two computers in our little office. But after a particularly trying week for our computers (several systems down pretty much Friday afternoon through Tuesday), they've given us a new modem, which should make things run more smoothly. At least, it should mean that our system crashes less, which would be a HUGE step in the right direction :)

So, things are looking up at work, after a particularly frustrating beginning to the week. I'm hoping that the Triathlon goes smoothly on Saturday (lots of fingers crossed for me please!!). That would definitely make this week end well overall!

Now if we could just do something about Redneck Neighbor's dogs, then this week would be phenomenal!!!

No comments: